Monday, December 13, 2010

The Carnivore (aka Exotic Meat Snacks)

Last week was a bit of an off-routine week - I worked on my project Monday-Wednesday, and then Thursday and Friday I went to an ADP training course here in Nairobi.  It was very useful and informative - I learned a lot about the developing world and its history.  Five ADP-ers from Tanzania also came in for the training session, so it was fun to meet new folks.  See below for a picture from one of our lunches together - the hotel where the training was held was beautiful!
On Friday, we went to The Carnivore for dinner - this is another all you can eat meat place, but it definitely has more of an “experience” flair to it.  The restaurant specializes in exotic and game animals - some of the more interesting things I tried were ox heart, camel, and ostrich meatballs.  The ostrich meatballs were definitely the best - I do not recommend camel!  For an animal that stores so much water, the meat sure is tough!
The pictures are of the inside of the restaurant - very fancy - and of me with the “Doctor”.  One of the popular drinks in Kenya is the dawa - honey, vodka and lime.  It literally translates to ‘medicine’, which of course, you get from the Doctor.  Hilarious.
After dinner, we went dancing at the Simba Saloon - more chances to hear all my new favorite tunes.  Called it a semi-early night around 1 or so, because Saturday we leave for....Maasi Mara!!







1 comment:

  1. Honey, vodka, and lime! Sounds delish! I will be requesting to mix up a few of those when you return!

    ReplyDelete